Honors Application Process
Are you interested in applying for the Honors Program to become an Eagle Scholar? Learn more about the application process for the Honors Program and see how you can advance your education.
Students New to Northwestern Only
1. Submit your Application for Admission to Northwestern This application must be completed early in the Fall of your senior year of high school. You must be accepted at Northwestern to be eligible to apply for the Honors Program. You must be at least 15 years old to apply.
2. Send us your scores Make sure that your ACT, SAT, and/or CLT scores have been sent to Northwestern. Students may apply to the Honors Program if they have a composite ACT score of 30 or higher, a combined math and critical reading SAT score of 1400 or higher, or a CLT score of 92.
3. Complete the Honors Program Application process This process includes a requirement of written essays and submission of samples of your scholarly work. The application must be received by November 1 (download the application instructions below for due date). Late applications will not be considered.
Download the 2020-2021 Honors Program Application instructions.
First Year Students
To be eligible to apply after your first year, you must do the following:
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits in the Northwestern traditional undergraduate program
- Maintain a GPA of 3.9 or higher during your first year at Northwestern
- Take at least four honors courses from at least three different disciplines during your first year at Northwestern
- Attend at least six Honors Seminar events during your first year in a day-school program at Northwestern
- Attend Northwestern for at least three years in a day-school program, including your year as a Second-Chance applicant
If you are interested in this opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Honors Program? We are here to help.
Steven P. Harthorn, Ph.D.
Director, Eagle Scholars Honors Program